Friday, November 6, 2009

Where have I been?

This week we have spent out time in California on vacation. This is our first official vacation. We started off at Universal Studios attending their RIP tour of Halloween Horror nights. It was fantastic! This years theme was Saw so you had several characters from the Saw movies chasing quests with chainsaws. The mazes were even better and the tour was priceless.

From there we moved to Disneyland and California Adventure for 4 days. Good times, good times. Great rides, great food, great weather. Being a California native I am not new to Disneyland. Being a family of Disney lovers, my son is no stranger either. My husband was the least exposed so there was much to share. We vacationed with my brother and his wife. This was not only the first real family vacation my husband, son, and I have had, it was also the first family vacation with other family members as well.

We had to take a day to rest after 3 days going full force. Our poor feet just couldn't take it anymore. After all 3 of us sleeping most of the day away, it was obvious it wasn't just age beating us. The young hyper one needed a good rest too.

We had the opportunity to spend the early evening at the beach. While the air was cool and the water cold it was nice to walk along the beach barefoot and collect sea shells. Something I have not done since I was little.

Many memories were created and shared this trip. Its sad to say good bye but we will be back and I can't wait!

2 comments:

April D said...

I absolutely LOVE Cali!! One of my favorite places ever! The L.A. area. I have family in Agoura Hills and visiting them is always such a great event! Universal and Disney are the BEST! :-D Glad you had such a wonderful time!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! This is Tee
following from the MBC2oo! Swing by my blog
and follow and comment Please! You can find
me here:

http://thegrabbag-tanya.blogspot.com/