Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Relay For Life

Last year was my first year starting and heading a team. I stumbled through it but we did our best. this year I am far better prepared after going through it once. The preparation itself has been hard.

This years theme is movies. Since this is an overnight event and we are a football family, I have chosen to go with Friday Night Lights. We have a football themed campsite with football themed items for sale and we will sell glow items. I am also giving away 100 reusable totes with fillers and samples from WAHMs.

Today is the final meeting and will be picking up the team t-shirts. I have not received the theme lap list just yet but will at the meeting. Every hour there is a different lap theme. Last year lap themes ranged from walking backwards, blowing bubbles, dribbling a basketball. Just some really fun things to do to keep things interesting during the 13hr walk.

I think the truly spectacular thing you will see at relay is the luminarias lining the track. They look beautiful with their candle flickering honoring or in memory of those who have fought against cancer.

I really enjoy this event. I get to be truly thankful to see my father walk the survivor lap and share with others. I do wish I had more support in the preparations but through the years maybe that will change. For now I am able to take care of all the needs to be done.

Learn more about Relay for Life and how you can help
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/SoChicBagBoutique.com

No comments: