Friday, January 2, 2009

WELCOME!

Welcome to the Life Of A Work At Home Mother!

Many times I am asked what is it like to work from home and how do you balance it all. Other times I see opinions vary about WAHMs and the level of difficulty that is really involved if involved at all.

Here you will see what I do as a mother working from home.

A little about myself and what makes me a work at home mother. I am a 34 yr old mother of an active 14 yr boy currently in his freshman year of high school.

For the past approximately 10 yrs I have been on again, off again in direct sales. For the past 4 yrs I have been a full-time WAHM. January 22, 2008 I purchased So Chic Bag Boutique in which I currently own and operate from home.

Being a small business which is also a growing direct sales company, I nearly cover it all. I have an online assistant who handles the majority of my consultants but the remaining rests upon me. I am heavily involved in every aspect of the business to include the design and upkeep of catalogs and brochures, website, product line, supplier inquiries, advertising campaigns, accounting and bookkeeping, processing and shipping, and that is just to name a few of the daily tasks.

As I document my life as a WAHM you will see the challenges I face. The triumphs and success. Balancing life as a mother and professional. I will share what makes my life easier. This may be a recipe, a business tip, a budgeting idea, or anything else a WAHM like myself would benefit from.

You will be able to peek into my personal life and get a real feel for who I am and how I live my life. We may cry together, laugh together, scream together, or just plain lose our minds together.

Anything can happen so hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

No comments: